A hearty winter dish to keep you warm, fuzzy and on track! Fab protein, fiber and they are even low glycemic!
With or without that left over ham bone.
2 cloves of Garlic
1 - 2 Celery Stalks
4 - 6 Carrots
1 lb dry lentils
1/2 Cup golden raisins
Curry powder to your currylicious liking
Salt & black pepepr to taste
Fresh parsley to taste
1 head/ bag/box fresh spinach
1. Saute garlic, onions and ham if using. Add dry lentils and saute another minute.
2. Add celery, carrots and raisins
3. Cover it all with water. About 6- 8 cups.
4. Season, simmer until lentils are tender, about 30 - 45 minutes depending how you like it.
5. Lastly stir in your spinach and parsley.