I have to be honest here. This soup stemmed from the apparently gourmet food I was making for baby Penelope to a truly sophisticated pairing of creamy flavors fit for the most highly tuned foodie pallet. Give this quick soup a try for a wow factor that will leave you thinking it's a little more naughty than nice.
2/3 Cup split red lentils
2 cups of water
2 Cloves of garlic
1 tsp. Olive oil
2 tblsp. Or less of soft goat cheese
2 tsp. Raisins to garnish
1 cup almond milk
1- 2 cups spinach
1. Hear the oil and sauté 1 clove of garlic lightly.
2. Add the dry lentils along with 2 cups of water.
3. Let simmer until lentils are soft and water is just about absorbed.
4. Meanwhile, soften the goat cheese in the corner of a sandwich baggie by kneading in a few drops of water. Set aside.
5. Sauté and purée spinach. Set aside.
Back to your lentils
6. Once they are soft blend them with a wand hand blender or in a stand blender. Blend ir stir in the almond milk or water. Add more or less depending on how think or thin you'd lik the soup. Who needs heavy cream?
7. Snip the corner off your goat cheese bag for and garnish by squeezing in a circular motion.
8. Spoon in your spinach while dragging your spoon in a circle to make it beautiful.
9. Add some raisins for garnish and flavor.
10. Eat well & be wellthy!